Charlotte’s obsession for makeup started when she was a little girl raiding lipstick from her mother’s makeup basket.
She began her love of creating art at a young age with her artwork landing the cover of a magazine at 9 years old. She had even designed her father’s company business logo by the age of 12. As her talents grew, she quickly became one of the top students in her art classes, and eventually in her high school’s Cosmetology class in Regina, Saskatchewan. After relocating to Edmonton at the tender age of 17, she began pursuing her passion with hair-styling by graduating from Marvel College in 2009. While putting herself through hair school, Charlotte began working for MAC Cosmetics for just over 3 years, and received her official certification and training with them.
While working in a salon, Charlotte was on her way to become a Kevin Murphy educator and session stylist. Charlotte then received her Red Seal Journeyman licence in hair-styling in 2013. Since 2014, Charlotte has organized a charity “Street Cuts” where she volunteers her time and skills to cut hair for the homeless.
After leaving MAC in 2012, Charlotte pursued her career as a freelance, mobile hair and makeup artist. Charlotte’s passion has been fueled by always being able to make her work reflect how her client feels; and that is their most beautiful and confident. She is a firm believer in highlighting her client’s natural beauty, instead of masking it. She takes extra steps and prep work to incorporate a customized, and appropriate skincare base for each client.
Charlotte is known for her skills in luxury bridal, beauty, editorial, and commercial makeup. She also has the ability to do a wide range of special effects makeup. For hairstyling, she is certified in euro-loc extensions, and is well educated in other various hair extension and wig-styling.
As of September 2019, Charlotte has decided to pursue her hair and makeup talents to the film industry in Toronto, ON. She has been accepted as a permit by the Toronto Film Union (IATSE 873) while still accepting freelance work.
Below is a list of her most recent work to date:
- ‘The Misadventures of Count Ory’ – second key wig and hairstylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium) – 2019
- ‘Hansel & Gretel’ – second key wig and hairstylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium) – 2019
- Niurka (Tony Robbins, Power of Success) – Hairstyling for motivational speaker, 2019
- ‘La Traviata’ – assistant wig stylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium)
- Madchild music video (unreleased) – makeup 2018
- 1st place winner for ‘Creative Makeup Artist’ in Alberta by the Creative Oceanic ‘Alberta Hair & Beauty Awards’ -2018
- Comic-Con 2018 – hairstylist for celebrity guests; Michaela Conlin (TV Show Bones) – 2018
- MC College Group – Fashion Design Program advertising – makeup – 2018
- Suka Clothing – hair and makeup Summer Campaign Shoot – 2018
- ‘Sugarlash Pro’ – makeup assist with lead artist Nicole Walkemeyer
- Sparrow Blue – Lil’ Rockin’ Mama’ music video – hair and makeup – 2018
- EscapeCity Edmonton – Special FX makeup lead for video content – 2018
- Fountain Tire – hair for Commercial content (Joe Media Group) – 2018
- Kingsway Garden Mall Spring/Summer 2018 Fashion campaign – Hairstyling – 2018
- ‘Letters from Pluto‘ music video shoot – Hair and makeup artist – 2018
- Hoopla Media – makeup artist & hairstylist for various media and commercials – 2017
- Lyra Brown (musician) – hairstylist – 2017
- Scott McKeen – Ward 6 Edmonton City Councillor campaign shoot – 2017
- Surreal Beauty Magazine – Published creative photoshoot with DeLaney Micah of Numa Models – 2017
- Spa Lady Fitness commercial campaign and billboard photoshoot – 2016-17
- Edmonton Oilers Group & GoAuto Dealership – photoshoot with Connor McDavid – 2016
- Featured in Wedding Chicks Blog – Kate Hole Wedding – 2016
- Ripped: Inside Women’s Body Building – Telus TV documentary doing hair and makeup for fitness competitor – 2016
- Obscurae Magazine (digital & hard copy) makeup creative feature – August 2016
- Avenue Magazine photoshoots (multiple 2015/2016) – which include ‘Women of Shakespeare’ shoot finalist for Alberta Magazine Awards ‘Photo & Portrait’ category, 2016
- Hole’s Greenhouse & Gardens/Enjoy Centre – hair & makeup for several seasonal photoshoots and commercials
- Edmonton Oilers Octane Cheerleader calendar shoot – 2015
- Jamie Sale (Olympic Gold Medalist Figure Skater, Stars on Ice) on-call Hair & Makeup artist – 2013
- Pinner Uppers Burlesque dance group makeup artist – 2013 Calendar
- Exclusive Beauty Blogger/writer for MODcity Magazine (online and print); on-call makeup artist and hairstylist for editorial and commercial photo shoots 2012/2013
- MAC Cosmetics Certified Makeup Artist 2009-2012
- Dance Code Studios – makeup artist for dancers (photo shoots, AVICII stage dancers for Boonstock 2012)
- Kevin Murphy education and training to become an educator and session stylist for photo shoots/runway, 2011
- 2nd Place model and stylist in “Down the Rabbit Hole” Fantasy Hair Competition overall, and 1st Place in competing category as “Queen of Hearts”, 2011
- Bridal Expo – makeup for all runway models – fashion show, 2011
- TIGI/Bed Head backstage makeup artist for ‘All About Beauty’ (Edmonton) hair show – 2010
- Volunteer for Edmonton’s Hair MassaCURE shaving heads for donations for breast cancer – 2009
All products used for hair and makeup are up to professional standards.
Makeup: MAC, Makeup Forever, Graftobian, RCMA, Ben Nye, Tarte Cosmetics, Fenty Beauty, NARS, Smashbox, Urban Decay, Cover FX, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, The Ordinary, Inglot Cosmetics,
Hair: Evo Hair, R+Co Hair, Kevin Murphy, Davines, Swartzkopf, Kenra Professional, Big Sexy Hair