Charlotte’s obsession for makeup started when she was a little girl raiding lipstick from her mother’s makeup basket.
She began her love of creating art at a young age with her artwork landing the cover of a magazine at 9 years old. She had even designed her father’s company business logo by the age of 12. As her talents grew, she quickly became one of the top students in her art classes, and eventually in her high school’s Cosmetology class in Regina, Saskatchewan. After relocating to Edmonton at the tender age of 17, she began pursuing her passion with hair-styling by graduating from Marvel College in 2009. While putting herself through hair school, Charlotte began working for MAC Cosmetics for just over 3 years, and received her official certification and training with them.
While working in a salon, Charlotte was on her way to become a Kevin Murphy educator and session stylist. Charlotte then received her Red Seal Journeyman licence in hair-styling in 2013. Since 2014, Charlotte has organized a charity “Street Cuts” where she volunteers her time and skills to cut hair for the homeless.
After leaving MAC in 2012, Charlotte pursued her career as a freelance, mobile hair and makeup artist. Charlotte’s passion has been fueled by always being able to make her work reflect how her client feels; and that is their most beautiful and confident. She is a firm believer in highlighting her client’s natural beauty, instead of masking it. She takes extra steps and prep work to incorporate a customized, and appropriate skincare base for each client.
Charlotte is known for her skills in luxury bridal, red carpet, editorial, and creative hair and makeup. She also has the ability to do a range of special effects makeup. Charlotte is also skilled and certified in euro-loc extensions, and is well educated in other hair extension methods and wig-styling, designing and custom creating.
As of September 2019, Charlotte has decided to pursue her hair and makeup talents to the film industry in Toronto, ON. She has been accepted by the Toronto Film Union (IATSE 873 – The International Alliance of Theatrrical Stage Employees) while still accepting freelance work.
Below is a list of her most recent work to date:
‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ season 4; daily hair
‘The Umbrella Academy’ season 3; NBC Universal/Netflix; 3rd hair assistant
‘Nightmare Alley’, daily/weekly, feature film, Guillermo del Toro, Fox Searchlight Pictures
‘Workin’ Moms’ CBC/Netflix, season 5
‘See’, daily/weekly, Apple TV+, season 2
‘The Expanse’, daily, Amazon Studios, season 5
2019 IATSE 873 Daily Hair:
‘American Gods’, daily/weekly FX Studios, season 4
‘Mrs. America’, daily/weekly, FX Studios mini-series
‘The Comey Rule’, daily, CBS Studios, mini-series
‘In the Dark’, daily, CBS Studios, season 2
‘The Boys’, daily, Amazon Studios, season 2
- ‘Hairspray’ Live Musical (Theatre Aquarius – Hamilton, ON) – Wig Assistant – 2019
- ‘The Misadventures of Count Ory’ – second key wig and hairstylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium) – 2019
- ‘Hansel & Gretel’ – second key wig and hairstylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium) – 2019
- Niurka (Tony Robbins, Power of Success) – Hairstyling for motivational speaker, 2019
- ‘La Traviata’ – assistant wig stylist at the Edmonton Opera (Jubilee Auditorium)
- 1st place winner for ‘Creative Makeup Artist’ in Alberta by the Creative Oceanic ‘Alberta Hair & Beauty Awards’ -2018
- Comic-Con 2018 – hairstylist for celebrity guests; Michaela Conlin (TV Show Bones) – 2018
- MC College Group – Fashion Design Program advertising – makeup – 2018
- Suka Clothing – hair and makeup Spring/Summer Campaign (2018)
- Sparrow Blue – Lil’ Rockin’ Mama’ music video – hair and makeup – 2018
- EscapeCity Edmonton – Special FX makeup lead for video content – 2018
- Kingsway Garden Mall Spring/Summer 2018 Fashion campaign – Hairstyling – 2018
- ‘Letters from Pluto‘ music video shoot – Hair and makeup artist – 2018
- Lyra Brown (musician) – hairstylist – 2017
- Scott McKeen – Ward 6 Edmonton City Councillor campaign shoot – 2017
- Surreal Beauty Magazine – Published creative photoshoot with DeLaney Micah of Numa Models – 2017
- Edmonton Oilers Group & GoAuto Dealership – photoshoot with Connor McDavid – 2016
- Featured in Wedding Chicks Blog – Kate Hole Wedding – 2016
- Ripped: Inside Women’s Body Building – Telus TV documentary doing hair and makeup for fitness competitor – 2016
- Obscurae Magazine (digital & hard copy) makeup creative feature – August 2016
- Avenue Magazine photoshoots (multiple 2015/2016) – which include ‘Women of Shakespeare’ shoot finalist for Alberta Magazine Awards ‘Photo & Portrait’ category, 2016
- Edmonton Oilers Octane Cheerleader calendar shoot – 2015
- Jamie Sale (Olympic Gold Medalist Figure Skater, Stars on Ice) on-call Hair & Makeup artist – 2013
- Exclusive Beauty Blogger/writer for MODcity Magazine (online and print); on-call makeup artist and hairstylist for editorial and commercial photo shoots 2012/2013
- MAC Cosmetics Certified Makeup Artist 2009-2012
- Kevin Murphy education and training to become an educator and session stylist for photo shoots/runway, 2011
- Bridal Expo – makeup for all runway models – fashion show, 2011
- TIGI/Bed Head backstage makeup artist for ‘All About Beauty’ (Edmonton) hair show – 2010